Woolworths - Personal loans with value-added benefits
Woolworths offers personal loans if you qualify, you will get your cash within 48 hours. To qualify you must be at least 18 years old or older and be a citizen of South Africa.
You must be currently employed and earn at least R2000, you must have a South African bank account and your salary must be paid into it every month. You will also need to provide proof of address and your contact details. You are able to apply for a Woolworths credit card, a Woolworths store card or a personal loan.
Revolving personal loans from Woolworths
Woolworth offers a revolving personal loan with easy to manage flexible repayment terms. Every time you pay back the money the full amount will revolve so that you can use it again. We charge a very low service fee and will increase the amount after you have met your payments for a few months.
If you want to settle your account early, we won’t charge you a penalty fee and you can make payments whenever you have a bit of extra cash to pay off the loan faster. The interactive voice message system gives you a convenient way to access your cash.
Get your cash in 48 hours
Once your online loan application is approved, you will get your cash within 48 hours. If you need to access extra cash, then you can access cash on your loan by simply calling 0861 50 20 10
Favourable interest rate
We offer a favourable interest rate that is compliant with the National Credit Act. The variable interest rate is linked to the current Repo Rate and can change.
Affordable loans and easy repayment terms
All our personal revolving loans are offered with easy repayment terms that are set up via debit order to ensure that you never miss a payment.
If you would like to make an additional payment you can at any Woolworth's store or make a deposit directly into our bank account.
To help you keep track of your loan and the payments you have made, we will send you an electronic statement monthly.
Easy to apply
To apply for a Woolworth’s personal loan you can either complete the online application form or visit your nearest store.
Balance cover protection
We want to make sure that your loan will still be covered should you be retrenched, contact a critical illness, disability or your death. We will cover your instalments for up to 12 months should you be retrenched.
Additional death cover
We offer the added benefit for as little as R13.70 per month that we will pay the person you nominate R20 000.00 to help take care of any other debt that you may have or to help cover funeral costs.
Woolworths Personal loans
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Interest Rate from 21%
- Loan Amount up to R75,000
- Repayment 160 days to 60 months
Benefits of Woolworths
- Flexible loan terms
- Flexibility to increase your limit
- Get cash in 48 hours
Personal loans calculator
Woolworths - We present to you the black card
Your black card unlocks benefits
Our Woolworths black credit card offers a host of benefits. These include:
- 3% back in rewards vouchers
- Free monthly Taste magazine
- Free coffee – you will be able to enjoy a free cup of coffee twice a month at any of our Woolworths cafés.
- Free online delivery – order what you need at www.woolworths.co.za and we will deliver them to you free of charge
- Shop anywhere – your black credit card is recognized at 29 million internationally recognized stores and anywhere that you see the Visa sign.
- Access to quick cash when you need it – you can easily draw cash from any ATM that displays the Via sign. Interest will be charged.
- Free additional cards – if your card is lost or stolen we will replace your card at no additional costs up to 8 times.
- Reward yourself – Your Rewards can get you discounts on products, early access to sales and special offers. Your black card also makes a you a Rewards VIP cardholder for a whole year.
- We offer a balance protection option.
- Visa purchase protection – this offers you insurance cover against the theft of your card. Or accidental damage for up to 90 days from the date it was purchased.
- Exclusive service – you will have access to our exclusive credit card call centre.
- Get rewarded where ever you shop – get 1% back in rewards even if you aren’t shopping at Woolworths.
- Automatic travel insurance – you will have automatic international travel insurance.
- Medical and legal assistance – you will be covered for medical assistance when you are travelling to another country for up to 90 days.
- Medical advice – this includes referrals and monitoring of medical conditions.
- Medical services – this will be covered should you need to be medically evacuated.
- Travel and general services – free inoculation and Visa requirement information, this includes legal referrals and interpreter referral.
- E-statements – you will be sent an online report monthly so you know exactly what is going on in your account.
- Visa Extended Warranty – this provides cover that doubles the original warranty period.
- Budget facility – the budget facility option allows you to spread out your personal loan repayments over R300 for 6 months to 60months.
- Pay for Fuel – if you use your black card you will get up to 1% back in Woolworths rewards vouchers.
How do I qualify?
To qualify for a Woolworths black card you must be at least 18 years old and earn at least R41,666 per month. When you come to pick up your black card, please bring a copy of your valid South African ID, a copy of your latest 3 bank statements as well as a proof of residence.
Balance protection for your spouse
We offer balance protection for your spouse at a monthly fee that will cover your spouse or partner.
Check online for the relevant contact numbers regarding your query, contact us online with our online contact form or call us on 0860 022 002 or you can always email us at [email protected]
Woolworths is a trusted & reliable provider of personal loans
In our review, Woolworths adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with NCA regulations, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
Woolworths is a registered credit provider in South Africa: NCRCP49
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Woolworths is a very considerate credit provider. They ensured that I get a loan that I can afford.
— Port Edward —
I would recommend the Woolworths loan to anybody who is looking for a good and reliable loan provider.
— Port Elizabeth —
Applying for a Woolworths loan was not only easy; it was fast and convenient too.
— Westonaria —
- Adderley St & Strand Street, Cape Town City Centre Cape Town Western Cape 8001 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 07:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 07:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 07:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 07:00 – 18:00
- Friday 07:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 17:00
- Sunday – Closed