Woolworths Personal Loan
- Personal loans up to R75,000
- Low-interest starting from 21%
- Repayment up to 60 months
[Accessed January 30, 2023]
Woolworths – Personal loans with value-added benefits
Revolving personal loans from Woolworths
Woolworths offers a revolving personal loan with easy-to-manage flexible repayment terms. Every time you pay back the money the full amount will revolve so that you can use it again.
They charge a very low service fee and will increase the amount after you've met your payments for a few months.
If you want to settle your account early, they won’t charge you a penalty fee and you can make payments whenever you have a bit of extra cash to pay off the loan faster. The interactive voice message system gives you a convenient way to access your cash.
Get your cash in 48 hours
Once your online loan application is approved, you'll get your cash within 48 hours. If you need to access extra cash, then you can access cash on your loan by simply calling 0861 50 20 10.
Affordable loans and easy repayment terms
All personal revolving loans are offered with easy repayment terms that are set up via debit order. This ensures that you never miss a payment.
If you would like to make an additional payment, you can do so. This can be done at any Woolworth's store or make a deposit directly into Woolworths' bank account.
Easy to apply
To apply for a Woolworth’s personal loan you can either complete the online application form or visit your nearest store.
Balance cover protection
They want to make sure that your loan will still be covered should you be retrenched, contract a critical illness, disability, or your death. They'll cover your instalments for up to 12 months should you be retrenched.
Additional death cover
They offer this added benefit for as little as R13.70 per month and they'll pay the person you nominate R20 000 to help take care of any other debt that you may have or to help cover funeral costs.
Woolworths – Personal loan
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Interest Rate from 21%
- Loan Amount up to R75,000
- Repayment 160 days to 60 months
Benefits of Woolworths
- Flexible loan terms
- Flexibility to increase your limit
- Get cash in 48 hours
Personal loan calculator
Woolworths - They present to you the black card
Woolworths offers personal loans and if you qualify, you'll get your cash within 48 hours. To qualify you must be at least 18 years old or older and be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must be currently employed and earn at least R2 000
- You must have a South African bank account and your salary must be paid into it every month.
- You'll also need to provide proof of address and your contact details.
You're able to apply for a Woolworths credit card, a Woolworths store card, or a personal loan.
Your black card unlocks benefits
They Woolworths black credit card offers a host of benefits.
- 3% back in rewards vouchers
- Free monthly Taste magazine
- Free coffee – you can enjoy a free cup of coffee twice a month at any of their Woolworths cafés.
- Free online delivery – order what you need at www.woolworths.co.za and they'll deliver them to you free of charge
- Shop anywhere – your black credit card is recognised at 29 million internationally recognised stores and anywhere that you see the Visa sign.
- Access to quick cash when you need it – you can easily draw cash from any ATM that displays the Via sign. Interest will be charged.
- Free additional cards – if your card is lost or stolen they'll replace your card at no additional costs up to 8 times.
- Reward yourself – Your rewards can get you discounts on products, early access to sales, and special offers. Your black card also makes you a Rewards VIP cardholder for a whole year.
- They offer a balance protection option.
- Visa purchase protection – this offers you insurance coverage against the theft of your card or accidental damage for up to 90 days from the date it was purchased.
- Exclusive service – you'll have access to their exclusive credit card call centre.
- Get rewarded where ever you shop – get 1% back in rewards even if you aren’t shopping at Woolworths.
- Automatic travel insurance – you'll have automatic international travel insurance.
- Medical and legal assistance – you'll be covered for medical assistance when you're travelling to another country for up to 90 days.
- Medical advice – this includes referrals and monitoring of medical conditions.
- Medical services – this will be covered should you need to be medically evacuated.
- Travel and general services – free inoculation and Visa requirement information, this includes legal referrals and interpreter referrals.
- E-statements – you'll be sent an online report monthly so you know exactly what's going on in your account.
- Visa Extended Warranty – this provides cover that doubles the original warranty period.
- Budget facility – the budget facility option allows you to spread out your personal loan repayments over R300 for 6 months to 60 months.
- Pay for Fuel – if you use your black card you'll get up to 1% back in Woolworths rewards vouchers.
How to qualify
To qualify for a Woolworths black card you must be at least 18 years old and earn at least R41 666 per month. When you come to pick up your black card, you must bring a copy of your valid South African ID, and a copy of your latest 3 bank statements as well as proof of residence.
Balance protection for your spouse
They offer balance protection for your spouse at a monthly fee that will cover your spouse or partner.
Keep track of your loan repayment via e-statements
To help you keep track of your loan and the payments you have made, Woolworths will send you an electronic statement monthly.
Favourable interest rate
They offer a favourable interest rate that's compliant with the National Credit Act. The variable interest rate is linked to the current Repo Rate and can change.
Woolworths is a trusted & reliable provider of personal loans
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Woolworths is a very considerate credit provider. They ensured that I get a loan that I can afford.
— Port Edward —
I would recommend the Woolworths loan to anybody who is looking for a good and reliable loan provider.
— Port Elizabeth —
Applying for a Woolworths loan was not only easy; it was fast and convenient too.
— Westonaria —
- Adderley St & Strand Street, Cape Town City Centre Cape Town Western Cape 8001 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 07:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 07:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 07:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 07:00 – 18:00
- Friday 07:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 17:00
- Sunday – Closed