Ithala - We serve the business community
Who is Ithala? The Ithala Development Finance Corporation is a company that manages all the business activities that cover a bouquet of business finance and financial and property services throughout KwaZulu-Natal.
Our vision at Ithala is to be a catalyst for the growth and economic development of this country through our services offered.
Our mission further to this is to empower the economy while still remaining financially sustainable
Our core values in the industry are to show respect to all our clients and partners at all times and innovate through our interactions and the demands that come our way.
Customer satisfaction is at the core of all these values, as we are driven by positive results and happy customers. We aim to empower those both internally and externally through equitable employment practice.
We strive to provide all in our organization the facility to
- Take our financial resources and mobilise them through providing supportive services to all individuals of KwaZulu-Natal
- Plan and follow through with execution on the implementation of projects and programmes in the province
- Promote and encourage the growth of human resources along with its social, financial and physical infrastructure
- Promote the private sector investment in KZN and also the active participation of the private sector through community organisations and programmes. Also contributing to the growth of economic development
- Act as an agent for performing any development-related tasks and responsibilities that the Government would deem most effective for the performance of a corporate entity
Financial support through product groupings
At Ithala, our core business focus is to offer financial and supportive services through a number of product groupings.
These groupings encompass the holistic business spectrum, which incorporates all service industries, manufacturing, trade, retail and tourism and hospitality.
Product groupings at Ithala that you’ll find include finance of the following: commercial asset finance, agriculture and agro-processing, structured, commercial property, procurement and business micro-finance.
Products offered in micro-finance includes term loans and a revolving facility
Term loans finance operational requirements of a project. The maximum term available for this product is 36 Months. Where funding is concerned, this short-term loan will be in line with the suitability of the business’s cash flow.
The revolving facility offers microfinance to those that continually require funding for different projects at different times.
Should businesses require the withdrawal of funds at intermittent periods of the project, this can be done with a fixed cap.
The term of this option is a maximum of 12 Months, however, should an alternative term to suit you better, it can be adjusted to suit the business
Ithala Business loan
- Loan Type Business loans
Benefits of Ithala
- Reliable business loans
- Flexible repayment terms
Business loan calculator
Ithala serves those in need because everyone deserves financial aid when they need it most
We serve all individuals, but especially the people in KwaZulu-Natal who have been previously disadvantaged. We offer those individuals access and to our services and advice on how to effectively receive support with their finances.
Our team of staff are all equipped with the mainframe to make things happen for you and your SME. Ithala will work with you to ensure this happens and that your business flourishes after our working relationship.
What do I need in order to apply?
The requirements vary depending on which business loan product you sign up for through us. However, we do have a set of standard requirements that you can skim through to ensure you qualify:
- A completed Ithala application form accessible from our website
- Business documents, including CK documentation, Memo of Association and Articles of Association
- A detailed business plan, comprising all criteria pertaining to the marketing, technical, and operational aspects of the business, as well as financial.
- Current financials (3-year period) as well projected financials
- Any and all sales and purchase agreements
- A valid Tax Clearance Certificate which should be for the current tax year
- FICA documents (see below for what this entails)
You should have certified copies of your identification, including marriage certificates if married. You should also have proof of residence and working contactable numbers where we can reach you. All contact details should be for private and business.
We offer funding solutions, finance for a number of sectors, namely asset-based finance, finance for projects, commercial property and working capital finance.
Our online loan applications are required to have a number of personal details that accompany the loan finance request. As mentioned, the business plan with all FICA documents is mandatory. Apart from those, we still require certain contractual documents as well as accounting figures.
The contracts will include the lease or franchise agreements and where accounting is required, the details of the assets and liabilities along with 2 years’ financial statements.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
What I liked most was how easy it was to sign-up and get my business out there for prospective investors to invest in. This is a great alternative to traditional lending institutions.
— Kimberley —
My borrowing experience was very good. The staff was very professional yet friendly and very attentive.
— Pinetown —
The online application was completely trouble-free, straightforward and easy to complete.
— Pietermaritzburg —
Ithala cares about helping small business owners and making a difference in peoples’ lives. I got a business loan from Ithala a few years ago. Because of them, my business has really taken off an...
— Durban —
- 303 Dr Pixley KaSeme (West) Street, 15th Floor Delta Towers Durban 4001 South Africa
- Get Directions
- PO Box 2801, Durban, 4066, South Africa
- Monday 09:00 – 15:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 15:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 15:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 15:00
- Friday 09:00 – 15:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 13:00
- Sunday Closed –