Freedom Debt Counsellors
- Avoid Legal Action
- Reduce Monthly Installments
- Protect Your Assets
[Accessed March 1, 2023]
About Freedom Debt Counsellors
Freedom Debt Counsellors offer renewed hope for South Africans with financial woes. The company is passionate about leading people back to financial freedom.
They offer a wide variety of workable solutions to address specific financial challenges. Proudly South African, services are available countrywide to all.
Freedom Debt Counsellor’s team is professional. Their sound financial advice will assist you to alleviate your debt in a manner that doesn’t compromise your financial well-being.
Manager partner Morné Olivier is a financial mogul with extensive management experience in the IT, legal and accounting industries, to name but a few.
He fully grasps the intricacies and challenges of debt management, and clients can trust his advice and guidance. His speciality is debt relief plans. He’s also a specialist on the National Credit Act and an undisputed authority on shady credit agreements.
Would you benefit from debt counselling?
The National Credit Act makes provision for the protection of debtors against creditors wanting to take legal action against them. The company’s product portfolio has been wholly designed on this premise.
Freedom Debt Counsellors Services
If you're at your wit’s end and don't know where to turn anymore, you’ll benefit from debt counselling.
There are relief plans available that’ll give you protection under the Act. Regaining control of your finances is now possible.
What is debt counselling?
The objective of debt counselling is to assist you to restructure debt repayments in a manner that’ll prevent you from being placed into administration or having to declare bankruptcy.
The National Credit Act allows for rehabilitation programmes that assist you to get out of debt. The process helps debtors to negotiate repayment plans over a specific time that their creditors will approve of. It’s a carefully monitored process that yields proven results. It’s the perfect option for people who don’t want to lose their assets or be listed at credit bureaus.
Does your situation fit the bill?
If a client is considered unable to repay their debts, they're regarded as over-indebted according to the National Credit Act. This determination is made by a registered counsellor after having reviewed the client’s financial situation carefully. The amount you owe doesn’t have any bearing on the process. The only requirement is that you have to be employed.
Freedom Debt Counsellors – Debt counsellor
- Loan Type Debt review
Benefits of Freedom Debt Counsellors
- Repair your credit record
- Reduce your monthly repayments
- Protection against creditors
- Protect your assets
Leveraging Freedom Debt Counsellor’s expertise to get out of debt
Freedom Debt Counsellors’ extensive portfolio of workable solutions varies from consumer debt and credit counselling to review advice and tailor-made financial planning solutions. Although headquartered in Johannesburg, anyone in South Africa can apply for counselling.
The application process may bewilder you at first, due to the amount of administration and legal processes involved. This is where the company’s counsellors are experts in giving you peace of mind, as they take the initial apprehension out of the equation by keeping you informed throughout. You’ll also be updated on progress every step of the way.
Step-by-step debt review application
You’ve applied for and completed the debt counselling form (form 16). Upon acceptance, the following will now happen:
- Your designated counsellor will inform the credit bureau and all your creditors of your intention of undergoing counselling (form 17.1).
- Your creditors will be asked to supply a Certificate of Balance (COB) for your outstanding accounts.
- Based on this information, your debt counsellor will determine if your monthly expenses indeed exceed your income. If so, you qualify for review. An estimate of the amount that’ll be available to your creditors is then done. This is called an affordability calculation.
- Your counsellor will now create a payment plan and submit it to your creditors for approval (form 17.2). A provisional affordable instalment will immediately apply. It’s important to note that your creditors aren’t allowed to take legal action against you during the first 60 working days of the process.
- Your creditors will then have the opportunity to assess the interim proposal. Upon acceptance, they’ll then get a final proposal which they may either accept or reject. When an acceptable agreement is reached, Freedom Debt Counsellor’s attorneys will submit the final restructuring proposal in court on your behalf. Your presence is not required, as your counsellor acts as the applicant in the matter.
- Once you’ve gone through the whole process successfully and repaid all your debt, you’ll receive a clearance certificate as proof of your new clean credit record.
Why debt counselling is the perfect option to lighten your financial load
- There aren’t any entry costs.
- The initial interest rate on your debts will decrease gradually over the counselling term.
- You'll only pay what you can afford in one easy monthly instalment.
- You can dramatically reduce your monthly instalments on bonds, vehicle finance and unsecured credit.
- You can't lose any of your assets, as you are protected under the National Credit Act.
- You don’t need to communicate with your creditors as it’s done by the company.
- You can once again enjoy financial freedom when the process has been completed. You're guaranteed total confidentiality at all times.
- Debt counselling simply makes more sense than opting for a debt consolidation loan.
Why debt counselling may be better than debt consolidation
- Debt counselling protects you from your creditors as they can't lay any claim on your assets. You also don’t need a good credit score to qualify.
- A consolidation loan, however, may put you in even greater financial difficulty, because these loans have very high-interest rates that increase over the term period.
- This means you’ll pay much more over time while not enjoying any protection against legal action by your creditors.
- The debt counselling process covers all your living expenses and prevents you from making more debt in future. It also enables you to regain your clean credit record. Getting out of your debt is, after all, your primary goal.
If you’re serious about regaining control over your money and want to stay debt free in the long term, debt counselling will put the reins firmly back in your hands.
Freedom Debt Counsellors is a trusted & reliable provider of debt review
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I was drowning in debt and did not know how to go about settling it without another loan. My mother suggested I file for debt review and I approached Freedom Debt Counsellors for help. They saved...
— Alberton —
The staff at Freedom Debt Counsellors is so friendly and knowledgeable. The consultant assisted me with everything I needed to know in order to apply for debt review. I’m so relieved that I can b...
— Port Elizabeth —
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Freedom Debt Counsellors for standing by me through the entire debt review process. They’ve made my life easier and I now worry a lot less than befo...
— Kuruman —
Freedom Debt Counsellors Contact
- 0100 350 883
- 011 764 5743
- Savannah Office Park 1st Floor, Palm Building Corner 9th Avenue & Rugby Street Weltevreden Park Roodepoort 1709 South Africa
- Get Directions
- P.O. Box 2519, Wilropark, 1731, South Africa
- Monday 08:00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 16:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 16:00
- Friday 08:00 – 16:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed