Capitec - we make your dream home a reality
Capitec offers you the ability to make your dreams of owning your very own home come true.
Apply today and you can get up to R5 million towards making that dream a reality, we will give you up to 240 months to apply and we will guide you every step of the way. Our online loan application process is simple and straightforward.
So easy to apply
We have made it very simple for you to apply. Either apply using our easy application form online and get up to 100% of the home value or visit your nearest branch and get up to 90% of the value. Look out for our special deals should you qualify as a government employee.
Credit based on your affordability
Our service will take an in-depth look at into your credit profile and grant you a loan based on your affordability. We will make sure you get the best deal possible based on your unique profile and your budget.
Fast approval rate
No one likes waiting around to see if you have been approved for the loan you need. So to make the process a little less painful we guarantee that we will contact you within 2 working days from the date of your enquiry.
Once we have received all the relevant documentation we will let you know if you have been approved or not within 5 working days.
Helpful online calculators to determine your affordability
We give you the tools you need to figure out your property loan affordability. This will help you determine which loan will suit your needs best and whether you are in the financial position to be able to afford a loan.
Visit your nearest branch
Come into your nearest branch and speak to one of our friendly consultants, they will review your credit profile and help you make the best choices based on your affordability. We will take into account your monthly income as well as any expenses you already have.
Transparent reliable home loans
To apply online, simply use our online calculators to determine your affordability.
Fill in our online application form, we will then contact you and help you towards securing your dream home.
To apply for a home loan with us, we will need the following:
- You must be 18 – 60 years old
- You cannot be under any sort of debt review or debt counselling
- You must give us a verbal confirmation of a signed offer to purchase
Once we have all the relevant information SA Home Loans will contact you within 2 working days.
You will need to provide us with the following documentation:
- A copy of the signed offer to purchase
- ID document or documents in case of joint applications
- Copy of your marriage certificate or antenuptial contract
- A copy of 3 months’ pay slips
- A copy of 3 months’ bank statements stamped by your bank
Do I need to be an existing Capitec client to apply?
No, you don’t need to be an existing Capitec client to apply for a home loan. We will give you the opportunity to switch your existing home loan to an SA Home loan for your added convenience.
What percentage of my gross salary will go towards my home loan?
We will use your level of affordability to help you calculate a deal to suit your budget and your pocket. Normally 30% of your gross salary goes towards your home loan.
Am I able to track the progress of my home loan?
Track the process online by using the applications tracking tool available on our SA Home loans website. Visit your nearest branch – if you are an existing SA Home Loans client you can contact us directly to track your application process.
Capitec Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate 9.25 – 10.25% p/a
- Loan Amount up to R5,000,000
- Repayment 5 years to 20 years
Benefits of Capitec
- Interest rates from 9.25%
- Home loans up to R5,000,000
- Loan repayment term up to 20 years
Capitec - we take the guess work out of home loans
To help you with your new purchase loan application, we have designed special calculators to help take the guesswork out of the equation.
The loan calculator will help you estimate how much you will need to pay in loan instalments when purchasing a new or existing property. The calculator will also give you an idea of all the fees that could be associated with buying your new home, eliminating any nasty hidden costs further down the line.
Jargon made easy
Jargon refers to the slang used in the industry to describe certain things. Sometimes these terms can be confusing. We want you to understand every step of the process and if there are words you don’t understand. Our service would like to help you learn a bit of the most commonly used jargon so that you understand the agreement you are entering into. If you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to ask.
What is gross income?
Gross income refers to the income received from each of the people that are applying for the home loan that are added together. The incomes are added to form your gross income.
What is a joint application?
Most married couples who apply for a home loan will apply together. You and your spouse’s income will be added together to form your gross income. Important to remember:
- If you have been married in community of property, both you and your spouse must be applicants for the home loan. This also applies to those married under traditional rites
- If you need help from your spouse to pay back your home loan, their details must appear on the application form
- If you need help from a family member or someone living with you, then their details must appear on the home loan.
- You may not use someone else’s income to apply for the home loan unless their details also appear on the application form.
- None of the applicants can be under any sort of debt review or counselling
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 60 years old
- You will need a signed offer to purchase
- The property must have a title deed
- Other loans including vehicle finance and personal loans must be limited and are taken into account when applying
Give us a call on 0860 10 20 43 or e-mail on [email protected]
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
With the ease of an online application, I could apply for my home loan over a cup of coffee with a friend. We discussed the amazing deals that Capitec was offering him and the deal was too tempti...
— Hermanus —
At Capitec they do not just evaluate your application eligibility based on your credit score but rather look at your affordability. I have had a few run-ins in the past which is why I am so grate...
— Johannesburg —
- 212, Zevenwacht Mall, Polkadraai Rd & Van Riebeeck Road, Cape Town, Kuils River, 7579, South Africa South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 18:00
- Friday 09:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 14:00
- Sunday 09:00 – 13:00