Ooba - Fast and reliable home loans
Ooba will help you find the money you need when you have found the house that you would like to purchase.
We will pre-approve your home loan so you know exactly how much you qualify for. So you have decided to purchase your own home, but you might need a bit of assistance when It comes to paying for it? Look no further than Ooba home loans.
How much do I qualify for?
To find out how much you qualify for, we will need to have a look at your affordability, your income per month and any outstanding debt including car loans and credit card debt that you may have. We will check your credit score and let you know how much you qualify for. On our website, we have convenient calculators to help you take the guesswork out of figuring out what you are able to afford.
If you want to get your bond pre-approved you will need to make sure that your disposable income exceeds 30% of your gross income.
Please make sure to get all the documents you need together to make the approval process run more smoothly. You will need a copy of your latest 3 pay slips or bank statements, a record of your pension or provident fund. We will need your medical aid information and details as well as a copy of the receipts.
Why should I get a pre-approved home loan?
If you get a pre-approved home loan, you will know exactly how much you have to spend and won’t be disappointed by putting an offer in for a home that is above your price range. Once you have qualified for a home loan you will be given a certificate that you can put in with your offer to purchase. The certificate will show the amount you have qualified for and is valid for up to 90 days. Your certificate shows the estate agent or seller that you are serious about the offer that you have put in to secure your home.
Simple online application
We want to help you secure the money that you need in order for you to get a mortgage. It’s simple and hassle-free to apply online.
To apply, please visit our website and fill in the please contact me form. We will need the following details:
- Your title
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Contact number
- ID number
What steps to follow to secure your home loan
- Make sure that you are aware of all the costs involved. Remember to include transfer costs, bond registration fees, the deposit amount, transfer duty fees and the cost of getting a clearance certificate.
- Make sure you understand your offer to purchase. Check all the legal terminology and make sure you understand what is included in or excluded from the deal. If you need help with understanding the contract, an Ooba consultant will be happy to assist you.
- Paperwork can be very tricky and confusing. Contact us and we will assist you in filling in all the forms and making sure that your paperwork is in order. We can also submit your paperwork and fast track your online loan application.
- We apply to 9 different South African banks on your behalf, including your current bank. This gives you the option to choose which deal suits you best.
Ooba – Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate from 7.25%
- Loan Amount up to R125,000,000
- Repayment 5 years to 30 years
Benefits of Ooba
- Check your credit score
- Multiple quotes for quick comparisons
- Calculate your repayments online
Ooba - Convenient and fast home loans
This calculator will help you determine all the other costs involved in your bond registration costs and transfer fees. The amounts are based on fixed monthly repayment terms and let you see at a glance the interest rates that you will be charged.
The calculator will show you the full amount of total interest you will pay over the duration of the loan. You will also be able to track how your loan reduces every month and how quickly the balance reduces at the end of the term of your loan. We recommend using the Ooba bond calculator to help you get a basic idea, then working through the rest of the calculators. There is always a friendly Ooba consultant on hand if you need any assistance.
To take the guesswork out of figuring out how much money you will need we have handy easy to use calculators
- The amount you will likely qualify for
- What your repayment terms will be
- Transfer costs involved
- How much deposit you need
- How your monthly property finance premium is split and how the interest and capital will be repaid.
Ooba tips for first-time buyers
Once you have found the home of your dream, you will need a home loan in order to purchase the property. This is a very exciting time, but purchasing a home, especially for the first time but can become complicated and confusing.
That is why we recommend using an expert to help you. Contact Ooba and we will assist you with all the hard parts so that you get to enjoy your new home, without having to worry about red tape and confusing paperwork. The best part is Ooba is completely free.
Our top tips for making sure that your home loan is approved are as follows:
- Make sure you understand your affordability and make sure that you know your credit score. Including any issues that might arise due to late payments or debt review. To help determine your affordability please download our mobile app. The Ooba Ap is 100% free and can do all the calculations for you.
- Get pre-qualified. By getting a pre-qualification certificate you will know exactly how much you will have to negotiate with and all the costs involved. This will also make sure you don’t fall in love with a home that falls outside of your price bracket.
- Use your home loan wisely – even if you qualify for a larger amount or an added personal loan, you need to make sure that you will be able to afford the repayment terms. Sometimes it would be wiser to choose a smaller loan with easier repayment terms.
- Maintain a clear credit record – you will be responsible for your repayments so you need to be able to ensure that you can afford them, even if you have financial issues.
- Put together an emergency fund. This fund should be able to cover payments and cover other costs that might arise, such as maintenance or other issues that might arise.
For assistance, please contact us either through the website or call 0860 00 66 22 our experts are standing by to take your call.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
At Ooba they apply to nine different banks for you and then you have the freedom to choose which loan is the best fit for your preferences and circumstances. It feels good to have a say in my fin...
— Uitenhage —
With the assistance of an online application, I was able to get the ball in motion toward my new home. I feel so much better knowing that my loan is in the capable hands of the Ooba staff.
— Port Elizabeth —
- 33 Bree St, Cape Town City Centre Cape Town Western Cape 8000 South Africa
- Get Directions
- PO Box 1535, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed