- Home loans up to R125,000,000
- Low-interest starting from 7.25%
- Repayment up to 30 years
[Accessed January 31, 2023]
Ooba - Fast and reliable home loans
Ooba will assist in finding the loan you need when you have found the house that you would like to purchase.
Ooba will pre-approve your home loan so you know exactly how much you qualify for. Have you decided to purchase your own home, but you might need a bit of assistance when It comes to paying for it? Look no further than Ooba home loans.
To find out how much you qualify for, Ooba will need to have a look at your affordability, your income per month and any outstanding debt including car loans and credit card debt that you may have. They will then check your credit score and let you know how much you qualify for.
If you want to get your bond pre-approved, all you need to do is to make sure that your disposable income exceeds 30% of your gross income.
Please make sure to get all the documents you need together to make the approval process run more smoothly.
You will need a copy of your latest 3-month payslips or bank statements and a record of your pension or provident fund. They will also need your medical aid information as well as a copy of the receipts.
Simple online application
Ooba wants to help you secure the money that you need to get a mortgage.
Steps to secure your Home loan
- Make sure that you are aware of all the costs involved.
- Make sure you understand your offer to purchase. Check all the legal terminology and make sure you understand what is included in or excluded from the deal.
- Paperwork can be very tricky and confusing. You can contact them regarding any inquiries and they will assist you in filling in all the forms and making sure that your paperwork is in order.
- We apply to 9 different South African banks on your behalf, including your current bank. This gives you the option to choose which deal suits you best.
Pre-approved Home loan
If you get a pre-approved home loan, you will know exactly how much you have to spend and won’t be disappointed by putting an offer in for a home that is above your price range.
Once you have qualified for a home loan you will be given a certificate that you can put in with your offer to purchase. The certificate will show the amount you have qualified for and is valid for up to 90 days. The certificate will show the estate agent or seller that you are serious about the offer that you have put in to secure your home.
Ooba – Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate from 7.25%
- Loan Amount up to R125,000,000
- Repayment 5 years to 30 years
Benefits of Ooba
- Check your credit score
- Multiple quotes for quick comparisons
- Calculate your repayments online
Ooba - Convenient and fast home loans
Their online calculator will help you determine all the other costs involved such as your bond registration costs and transfer fees.
The amounts are based on a fixed monthly repayment term which allows you to see the interest rates that you will be charged.
The calculator will show you the full amount of the total interest you will be paying throughout the loan.
Use of online calculators
It determines the following;
- The amount you will likely qualify for
- What your repayment terms will be
- Transfer costs involved
- How much deposit do you need
- How your monthly property finance premium is split and how the interest and capital will be repaid.
How to apply
To apply, please visit their website and fill in the 'please contact me' form. We will need the following details:
- Your title
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Contact number
- ID number
Tips for first-time buyers
Ooba recommends using one of their experts to help you. You simply need to contact Ooba and they will assist you with all the hard parts so that you get to enjoy your new home, without having to worry about red tape and confusing paperwork. The best part of Ooba is that they are completely free.
Tips to ensure that your Home loan is approved :
- Make sure you understand your affordability and make sure that you know your credit score. Including any issues that might arise due to late payments or debt review.
- Get pre-qualified. By getting a pre-qualification certificate you will know exactly how much you will have to negotiate and all the costs involved.
- Use your home loan wisely – even if you qualify for a larger amount or an added personal loan, you need to make sure that you will be able to afford the repayment terms.
- Maintain a clean credit record – you will be responsible for your repayments so you need to be able to ensure that you can afford them, even if you have financial issues.
- Put together an emergency fund. This fund should be able to cover payments and cover other costs that might arise, such as maintenance or other issues that might arise.
For assistance, please contact Ooba through their website or call 0860 00 66 22 and one of their experts will take your call to answer all questions.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
At Ooba they apply to nine different banks for you and then you have the freedom to choose which loan is the best fit for your preferences and circumstances. It feels good to have a say in my fin...
— Uitenhage —
With the assistance of an online application, I was able to get the ball in motion toward my new home. I feel so much better knowing that my loan is in the capable hands of the Ooba staff.
— Port Elizabeth —
- 33 Bree St, Cape Town City Centre Cape Town Western Cape 8000 South Africa
- Get Directions
- PO Box 1535, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed