Nedbank Student Loan
- Student loans up to R100,000
- Low-interest starting from 10.25%
- Repayment up to 36 months
[Accessed January 31, 2023]
Nedbank - Effective student loans
A student loan from Nedbank will open doors for you to a successful future.
They are one of the country’s largest banks and therefore maintain an amazing track record of great performance when it comes to money matters.
Effective student loans
Their student loans are designed to help young clients get a tertiary education and give them the chance they deserve at achieving success. The loan can either be in the name of the student or guardian and is designed to cover all the major education expenses. This will include tuition fees, accommodation, study materials, and accessories.
Why consider getting a loan with Nedbank
A university degree sets you on the path to getting a job that not only pays well in terms of earning potential but will also help you to build a professional career. All you need to do is to look at the loan offers available to better understand if they will assist you in reaching your goals.
Succeed with the right finance
Due to their personal approach and attention to detail in financial situations, they have become recognised for their excellent customer service. Nedbank consists of a team of expert consultants who ensure that you receive unique loans that are customised to your personal needs.
They will help you achieve success
At Nedbank, they aim to provide you with the best finance by always offering reliable and efficient services that are based on attention to detail.
It comes with some of the best terms and conditions you’ll find, and they also offer some amazing online services that include banking and online student loan applications.
You can expect complete transparency and have the assurance that you will be assisted with everything you need.
The repayment terms
If you are studying full-time, you will only be required to pay the interest in a monthly instalment. Once you have graduated, you will have 36 months to repay the balance of the loan that you received for each year of studying.
The total amount that you should repay will consist of the principal amount and any outstanding interest on the account. It is important to keep in mind that you will need to apply for a loan online or at a branch for every study year.
Flexible and affordable Student loans
Ensuring that they provide their clients with great flexibility is a priority at Nedbank. They provide clients with a grace period if they have to complete an internship or provide community service during their final year of study.
Nedbank – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate from 10.25%
- Loan Amount up to R100,000
- Repayment 6 months to 36 months
Benefits of Nedbank
- Lower interest rates
- Competitive credit life cover
- Flexible repayment options
- Repay the loan when your studies are complete
Student loan calculator
Nedbank has your financial interests at heart
If you wish to apply for a student loan your guardian will need to take certain documents to their nearest Nedbank branch to apply for the loan.
Students that are studying full-time must be supported by a guardian when they are applying for their second or third-year finance. You can call in and a consultant will assist you. Alternatively, you can fill in their online application and get started straight away.
To apply you will need the following:
- Academic results.
- A letter of acceptance from a tertiary institution that is accredited by the SA Qualifications Authority.
- Cost projection for book and tuition fees. If you need specific tech and materials, you will need a letter from your institution to confirm that.
- Unlocked Me Account which is created once your student loan is approved and processed.
What your guarantor will need:
- A Nedbank transactional account is your main account. If they don't have one, they can help them open an account effortlessly.
- SA identity card or document.
- 3 months' bank statements.
Some important information to keep in mind
- You will need to apply for each year you study.
- Proof of results from the previous academic year.
- If you are a full-time student, you will need a guarantor that will be responsible for the monthly repayments while you study.
- If you don't finish the course, the loan still needs to be paid back in full.
Benefits when you partner up with Nedbank
- Highly attractive interest rates.
- Flexible repayment terms.
- Grace period options.
- Competitive life cover.
- Apply for a student loan with Nedbank today and start to follow your dreams!
Nedbank is a trusted & reliable provider of student loans
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Nedbank has the most affordable credit offers. I am able to pay my other financial obligations while I still have the student loan with them.
— Vereeniging —
I thought I would for days before getting feedback for my student loan. To my surprise, I got a response within an hour of applying.
— Boksburg —
I am a happy customer because Nedbank has afforded me such affordable interest rates.
— Eastern Cape —
Nedbank has the most convenient loan application system. Everything is straight forward and easy to follow through.
— Port Shepstone —
Nedbank has the most affordable credit offers. I can pay my other financial obligations while I still have the student loan with them.
— Boksburg —
I am a happy customer because Nedbank has offered me such affordable interest rates. They have the most convenient loan application system. Everything is straightforward and easy to follow throug...
— Humansdorp —
I thought I would wait for days before getting feedback on my student loan. To my surprise, I got a response within an hour of applying.
— Queenstown —
- 35 Siemert Rd, Doornfontein, Sandton Gauteng 2094 South Africa
- Get Directions
Nedbank Universal Branch Code
- Monday 08:30 – 16:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 16:00
- Friday 08:30 – 16:00
- Saturday 08:30 – 12:00
- Sunday – Closed